[SciPy-dev] scipy_core Solaris Build: Good and Bad News

Christopher Hanley chanley at stsci.edu
Fri Oct 21 09:40:28 CDT 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:

> If they are installed, then they are not being linked apparently.  Are
> there special command switches that must be used to link isinf on that
> system?
>
> This appears that isinf is being found and linked against correctly at
> configure time, but not at build time.  I don't know why.
>
> Since HAVE_ISNAN is defined, the system does not define a separate isinf
> command (which it would if HAVE_ISNAN where not defined).  What happens
> if you comment out the #define HAVE_ISNAN?
>
> -Travis

Hi Travis,

Well, commenting out #define HAVE_ISNAN has resulted in a "Good News" /
"Disturbing News" situation.  I am now able to successfully import
scipy.base with no error messages.  However, when I attempted
scipy.test() I am receiving a bus error.  The session log is below:

basil> ipython
Python 2.4.1 (#2, Apr  6 2005, 14:41:45) [C]

?       -> Introduction to IPython's features.
%magic  -> Information about IPython's 'magic' % functions.
help    -> Python's own help system.

In [1]: import scipy.base as sb

In [2]: sb.test()
   Found 2 tests for scipy.base.umath
   Found 23 tests for scipy.base.function_base
   Found 3 tests for scipy.base.getlimits
   Found 9 tests for scipy.base.twodim_base
   Found 3 tests for scipy.base.matrix
   Found 44 tests for scipy.base.shape_base
   Found 42 tests for scipy.base.type_check
   Found 4 tests for scipy.base.index_tricks
   Found 0 tests for __main__
.......................Bus error (core dumped)
basil>

Chris