[SciPy-dev] scipy_core Solaris Build: Good and Bad News

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Oct 21 14:07:53 CDT 2005

Christopher Hanley wrote:

>I have not found any compile time flags that are specific is isinf or
>isnan.  I don't believe this is a compiler problem given its occurence
>under both Sun and GNU compilers.

The problem is why does the configure step in distutils find an isnan
function when it apparently is not there?

This is a Python distutils function we are calling.    Have you verified
whether or not isnan and isinf are available on Solaris?

The disutils function just builds a simple c code that makes reference
to the function and then
trys to compile and link it.   Perhaps the problem is that the link
succeeds (because the compiler is allowing unresolved references until
run time) when it really shouldn't.

Do we need to actually try and run the program?  I don't know if
check_func does that.

-Travis