[SciPy-dev] random module not working on opteron

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Sun Oct 23 18:50:33 CDT 2005

Arnd Baecker wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Oct 2005, Robert Kern wrote:
>

>I am not sure what is going on in that routine
>(and have to leave investigating this at the moment ...)
>Maybe you can have a look at that routine
>and spot anything which might be problematic?
>(either 64 Bit, or the clock stuff???)

This is a good bit of detective work.   A little more may track down the
problem.

rk_random_seed is not that complicated of a function.  I suspect you
could call the individual functions inside it separately to determine
the problem.

There are a lot of platform specific structures here.  It's hard to see
immediately where a problem is.

-Travis