[SciPy-dev] All but two tests passing for me

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Oct 27 19:42:32 CDT 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:
> Fernando Perez wrote:
>

>>Did you have a look at the logs posted yesterday by Andrew about the Itanium
>>builds?  It seems like getting the build process on that box to work still is
>>very manual-labor intensive.  If you have any pointers, they'd be greatly
>>appreciated.
>>

> Yes, I looked at the logs he reported.    His problems look like an
> issue with the Python installation.  There are a lot of underfined
> references to basic Python C-API calls.   Somehow he is not linking
> against the Python library?  I don't know why that is the case.
>
> Perhaps scipy.distutils is not picking up where his Python library is
> located (it looks like he has Python installed in some non-standard
> place).    Or when he links with f77 the Python library is not included.
>
> I'm not really sure what's going on.
>
> So, I think the problems Andrew is having have to do with non-standard
> installation issues and not 64-bit issues.

OK, thanks for the feedback, Travis.  I'll try to play with Andrew with this
problem, and we'll report back, or ask for help if we get stuck.  I know he
was building against a Python built in /usr/local instead of the default
system one, but in principle that should work.

I'll let you know if we see problems, for now your message is very useful.

Cheers,