[SciPy-dev] All but two tests passing for me

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Oct 28 06:18:44 CDT 2005

Hi Pearu,

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Pearu Peterson wrote:

> The type of arr->dimensions has been changed from int* to intp* in
> newcore. So, when porting extension modules to newcore, the following
> replacements are needed
>
>    int* dimensions, strides; -> intp* dimensions, strides;
>    PyArray_FromDims -> PyArray_SimpleNew
>    PyArray_FromDimsAndData -> PyArray_SimpleNewFromData

thanks for this conversion table!

> > So I looked for the definition of arr:
> >
> > if ((arr = (PyArrayObject *)PyArray_FromDims(1,(int*)&n,out_type)) ==
> > NULL)
> >    return NULL;
> >
> > Is there some int * --> intp * needed ?
>
> Yes, I have commited the patch already to SVN repository.

No compile error anymore, but does not quite work yet:

ERROR: check_integer
(scipy.io.array_import.test_array_import.test_read_array)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/abaecker/BUILDS2/Build_53/inst_scipy_newcore/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/io/tests/test_array_import.py",
line 62, in check_integer
    b = io.read_array(fname,atype=N.Int)
  File
"/home/abaecker/BUILDS2/Build_53//inst_scipy_newcore/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/io/array_import.py",
line 359, in read_array
    raise ValueError, "One of the array types is invalid, k=%d" % k
ValueError: One of the array types is invalid, k=0

In [2]: scipy.__core_version__
Out[2]: '0.4.3.1376'
In [3]: scipy.__scipy_version__
Out[3]: '0.4.2_1398'

Sorry, have to rush now - will be back later,

Arnd