[SciPy-dev] Re: [Numpy-discussion] scipy core now builds from svn

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Fri Sep 16 12:44:33 CDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 09:48:54AM -0600, Fernando Perez wrote:
> Fernando Perez wrote:
>
> >You are behind a web proxy that is not passing the WebDAV methods that
> >subversion uses. You can work around the problem by using SSL to hide what
> >you're doing from the proxy:
> >
> >   > svn co https://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/project/main project
>
> I forgot to add that the https method will NOT work with scipy, which
> doesn't provide svn/ssl support.  You need to fix your proxy config.

We had the same problem here.  It was fixed (for Squid) by following
these instructions (off the web somewhere):

"""
Next, you need to make sure the proxy server itself supports all the HTTP methods Subversion uses. Some proxy servers do not
+support these methods by default: PROPFIND, REPORT, MERGE, MKACTIVITY, CHECKOUT. In general, solving this depends on the
+particular proxy software. For Squid, the config option is

   #  TAG: extension_methods
   #       Squid only knows about standardized HTTP request methods.
   #       You can add up to 20 additional "extension" methods here.
   #
   #Default:
   # none
   extension_methods REPORT MERGE MKACTIVITY CHECKOUT

(Squid 2.4 and later already knows about PROPFIND.)
"""

Regards
Stéfan