[SciPy-dev] Absoft and current versions

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Wed Sep 21 10:44:38 CDT 2005

Hello, Pearu,

> Is
>
>   python setup.py config_fc --help-fcompiler --verbose
>
> still showing that absoft compiler is available? The question is
> whether setup.py uses correct scipy_distutils or not.

Yes.  It occurred to me to try the Intel Fortran compiler, which I had
installed a copy of long ago and forgotten about.  With the appropriate
PATH changes to find the ifort command, the above lists all three of
g77, Absoft, and Intel being available on my system.  But scipy always
builds with g77.  Is there an easy way I can get a trace of the list of
steps Scipy uses to determine which Fortran compiler to use?  I'd think
that if I request a compiler which isn't available for some reason it
would throw an exception rather than using g77 anyway.

Steve