[SciPy-dev] Re: [Numpy-discussion] Release of scipy core betawillhappen next week.

Charles Harris charles.harris at sdl.usu.edu
Tue Sep 27 18:09:51 CDT 2005

Robert Kern wrote

>with minimal change. It passes around state in a plain C struct rather
>than a PyObject*, which is good, because I needed to extend that struct.

This is potentially a problem if the user has, say, a uniform double and a
random integer going at the same time. There should be no correlation between
the two, so they need to be using the same base generator, or two different
generators with genuinely random seeds. I kept one base generator per module
to deal with this, but I guess there might be a better way to keep things straight.

Chuck