[SciPy-dev] Re: [SciPy-user] Gamma distribution questions

Chris Fonnesbeck fonnesbeck at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 14:23:24 CDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu> wrote:
> Travis Oliphant wrote:
>
> > We also need more people who are willing to have write access to the
> > actual source tree.
> > Any takers?
>
> I'd be willing, but I would be very reluctant to actually commit changes
> as I really only have one platform on which to test, namely FC4 (two if
> you count my Ubuntu laptop).  In particular, I've never even attempted
> Scipy on Windows.

I would be interested in overhauling the statistical distributions in
general. I think they should be re-designed, or at least refactored. I
have been developing a range of statistical likelihood functions for
PyMC, using f2py. I would be willing to work on this if there is
interest. Also, it would be nice to get a Bayesian fit, as well as a
classical fit.

Chris