[SciPy-dev] Re: Help with error

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Thu Sep 29 16:57:43 CDT 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Fernando Perez wrote:

> Travis Oliphant wrote:
>> Can anybody with experience on building RPMS help me.
>>
>> I tried bdist_rpm, but get the following error:
>>

>> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>>    /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/atlas_version.so
>>

>> RPM build errors:
>>     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>>    /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/atlas_version.so
>> error: command 'rpmbuild' failed with exit status 1
>>

>> I don't know how to get rpm to package this file
>
> Pearu mentioned he'd commit some fixes.  Please holler after he does so: if
> the problem persists after his fixes, I'll have a look as well.

Have commited my patches --- now f2py2e installs as scipy.f2py,
setup.py files are updated/fixed to the latest features in
scipy.distutils, etc.

On my debian box newcore build/install/bdist_rpm commands work ok, though
on RH based systems bdist_rpm may behave differently.
I haven't tested newcore on windows yet.

Pearu