[SciPy-dev] sparse matrix support status

Robert Cimrman cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz
Fri Sep 30 10:37:17 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I would like to know what is the status of the sparse matrix support in
SciPy. Searching the scipy- mailing lists did not reveal anything
recent. Is there some code to work on? I would like to help - though I
am a newbie to the Scipy world, I do have experience with sparse matrices.

If there is nothing yet, a quick possibility would be to wrap a library
like sparskit2 and give it a pythonic feel. What are your opinions?

Now when the new scipy is on the way and new types are being introduced,
it could be a good time for a decent sparse matrix type too.

--
Robert Cimrman