[SciPy-dev] Hello, patch submmited, user to log in trac

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 09:03:23 CDT 2006

Antonio Arauzo Azofra wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I just started using Scipy some weeks ago, and I have found it very useful.
>
> I have seen you are reviewing stats. I have tried some statistical tests
> i am used to, and I found a bug in friedmanchisquare at stats.py.
> A patch is subbmitted to fix the bug in trac. It is obvious the old code
> had a bug because variable "data" was not used after calculating it. I
> have tested the fixed function with data from tests done elsewhere and
> it works ok.

Thank you! Can you provide some test data that we could incorporate into our
unit tests?

> friendmanchisquare() still lacks from tie handling. This does not affect
> to test reliability, but it does affect to the test power. I can prepare
> a patch for that too.

That would be excellent.

> Unintentinaly I have changed the type of the ticket from review to
> defect. Is it right because it is a defect, or should we change it again
> to review?

I changed it back to "review" to help me keep track of all of the review
activities. Reviewing is kind of a melange of finding defects, writing
enhancements, and doing non-coding tasks, so I made it its own category.

> Should I have filed the patch anywhere else?

Nope, that was just the right place.

> Can you create a user for me in trac? I hope I can help developing in
> future.

I'm looking into allowing users to register themselves. At the moment, I think
the user list is tied to SVN write access. OTOH, if you keep the quality patches
coming, I'm sure we'll give you that, too.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com

 an underlying truth."