[SciPy-dev] interest in Time series functionality?

Matt Knox mattknox_ca at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 19:32:14 CDT 2006

I'm going to try and do some work this week on extricating the FAME bits from
the core time series module, and flesh out the documentation and create some
simple examples, then hopefully I will have some code to release towards the end
of next week. I am making no claims in regards to the quality/design of this
module, I'm sure it is not up to the standards of some of the more experienced
developers involved with numpy/scipy. But if we can begin to form a framework
for how the core classes in a time series module should behave, then that would
probably be a good start.

Coming from a FAME background, the functionality really kind of mirrors FAME's
approach to time series (or attempts to), but if somebody has a better approach,
I'm certainly open to the idea of reshaping my view of the world :)

If someone could provide me with some instructions for where/how to post the
code, that would be great. I work strictly in the Microsoft windows world, so
any *nix jargon will be lost on me. And I have only tried compiling the C
portion of the code under windows with numpy 0.9.4, so no promises for other
platforms.

- Matt Knox