[SciPy-dev] Mac OS X and gcc 4.2

Chris Kees christopher.e.kees at erdc.usace.army.mil
Thu Aug 17 10:58:55 CDT 2006

David,

Thanks. That  got me part  of  the way through along  with similar  g+
+ and gfortran wrappers like  what you gave me. That's  nuts that
those  options  are  hardwired  in. Now I'm getting more  link errors
because it's trying to build  shared libraries  without  any of  the
options  needed to  build  them from python extension modules:

gfortran-wrapper -m32 -mpowerpc -maltivec -framework Accelerate build/
temp.macosx-10.4-fat-2.4/Lib/integrate/_quadpackmodule.o -L/usr/local/
lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8.7.0/4.2.0 -Lbuild/temp.macosx-10.4-
fat-2.4 -lquadpack -llinpack_lite -lmach -lgfortran -o build/
lib.macosx-10.4-fat-2.4/scipy/integrate/_quadpack.so
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_PyArg_ParseTuple
_PyCObject_AsVoidPtr
_PyCObject_Type

Anyway,  all the  tests  passed on numpy so I may have  to put  scipy
on the back burner  for  a while.  I just need pysparse  and  my code
ported to the new  numpy.

FYI, apple's latest default  compiler  (4.0.1) builds numpy without
any trouble  on both my intel and power pc macs and all the tests
pass,  contrary to  what I was  seeing using gcc 3.3.

Chris