[SciPy-dev] adding files to sandbox

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 16:40:45 CST 2006

Matt Knox wrote:
>> I am CCing Jeff Strunk, our system administrator. Jeff, can you please give Matt
>> write access to the scipy SVN?
>>
>> Matt, if you also need a tutorial specifically on the process of checking stuff
>> into SVN, let me know. Your question was a little ambiguous.
>
> Hi Robert. I will need a tutorial on how to check stuff into SVN. My source control software experience is limited to a rather simplistic tool we use here at the office. I work exclusively in the Windows world too (for better or worse).

Now, I'm exclusively a non-Windows person, so (for the moment), I am simply
going to point you towards TortoiseSVN, a Windows GUI client for working with
Subversion. The online documentation is pretty good.

  http://tortoisesvn.net/
  http://tortoisesvn.net/doc_release

You can ignore anything about setting up a repository (since you are only
accessing one that already exists). So start with "Checking Out a Working Copy".
The URL for the trunk of scipy is this:

  http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk

If you need some more conceptual documentation on how Subversion does things or
what some of the terms mean, a good (and free) book on Subversion itself if
_Version Control with Subversion_.

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

--
Robert Kern