[SciPy-dev] Fwd: [sage-devel] numpy in SAGE, etc.

Jonathan Guyer guyer at nist.gov
Thu Dec 7 08:10:34 CST 2006

On Dec 7, 2006, at 8:19 AM, Gary Ruben wrote:

> I suspect William is right about the lack of a standard format
> hindering
> the documentation. I hope something like his format can be adopted.

I'm all for a standard format (and certainly all for encouraging
documentation (although I'm a bit skeptical that agreeing on a format
is suddenly going to open the floodgates of heretofore amorphous
documentation that the SciPy community has been hoarding to
themselves)).

It's a shame that he felt the need to invent YADMUS (Yet Another
Docstring MarkUp Specification), though. Python has too many systems
for this already.

> I'd
> also specify some way of delineating examples so that they can be
> preprocessed and run as part of the unit tests.

You mean like doctest?