[SciPy-dev] sparse matrix multiplication - poor performance

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 16:23:42 CST 2006

On 12/7/06, Joachim Dahl <dahl.joachim at gmail.com> wrote:
>  yes, this happens consistently for me with Matlab 7.2.0.294 on a Linux P4
> computer.

I suggest you ask for your money back then :)  That should always be
an O(N) operation, no matter how convoluted the sparse storage format.

Anyway I've done some digging and I think the following are true:
SPARSKIT is not actually used, although it is mentioned
sparsetools is what actually computes the matrix matrix products

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com