[SciPy-dev] FE+sparse utilities

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 17:49:52 CST 2006

On 12/11/06, Robert Cimrman <cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz> wrote:

> I would greatly appreciate any feedback,

Hi, Robert... I will take a look tomorow to your code.  I am very
interested in this. I am developing a big, complete wrapper to PETSc
libraries (petsc4py) and this subject is a priority for me. I
currently try to avoid assembles in the Python side. However, the most
efficient way I've found is to write in the C side a new (Python) type
object containing a pointer to the real matrix structure, and
implement the mapping protocol. This way, you can almost skip Python
bytecode.

Regards,

--
Lisandro Dalcín