[SciPy-dev] Fwd: [sage-devel] numpy in SAGE, etc.

Jonathan Guyer guyer at nist.gov
Wed Dec 13 10:02:34 CST 2006

On Dec 13, 2006, at 10:29 AM, Neal Becker wrote:

> Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean here.  I am looking at
> epydoc3.0alpha3
> source.

I have no experience with epydoc 3, other than knowing it exists.
It's on my list.

> I see that epydoc can _parse_ rst.  Is that what you mean by
> working with docutils?

Yes. What did you mean?

> I also see that epydoc can write (some kind of)
> latex.  Is that the idea?

Yes.

Feed Python code (with reST docstrings) through epydoc and you get
LaTeX or HTML out.  For straight reST files, like READMEs, we just
invoke docutils directly. I don't think epydoc is of any use there.