[SciPy-dev] Trouble with UMFPACK 5.0

Robert Cimrman cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz
Thu Dec 14 07:33:49 CST 2006

Nils Wagner wrote:
> Robert Cimrman wrote:
>> Nils Wagner wrote:

>>> Ok I will send you out.txt off-list.
>>>
>> Nils,
>>
>> I have tried umfpack on 64 bits, fresh scipy install.
>> To get it compiled, just copy UFconfig.h into the directory where you
>> have umfpack.h (..UFsparse/UMFPACK/Include). Then everything works like
>> a charm.
>>
>> scipy.test(10,10)
>> Ran 1616 tests in 78.011s
>> OK
>> Out[2]: <unittest.TextTestRunner object at 0x2ad8f7696ad0>
>>
>> I am clueless why only the first path specified in site.cfg is taken
>> into account (I have tried both ',' and ':' as separators). Does anybody
>> here have an idea?
>>
>> example:
>> include_dirs = ..../UFsparse/UMFPACK/Include:..../UFsparse/UFconfig
>> - the second path is ignored
>>
>> r.
>>
> Robert,
>
> I have tried that before, but it doesn't work. We have discussed that
> off-list.
> Are you using version 5.0 or the latest 5.0.2 ?
>
> Nils

I have just installed 5.0.2 (as part of SuiteSparse package) and the
same trick did help.

Ran 1616 tests in 84.285s

OK
Out[4]: <unittest.TextTestRunner object at 0x2ab7c6012d90>

import scipy.linsolve as ls
In [5]: ls.umfpack.UMFPACK_VERSION
Out[5]: 'UMFPACK V5.0.2 (Dec 2, 2006)'

Did you rebuild numpy whenever you changed your site.cfg? That way scipy
could see your changes (it looks into
.../usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/distutils/site.cfg), not into
the numpy installation directory, IMHO.)