[SciPy-dev] Fwd: [sage-devel] numpy in SAGE, etc.

Gary Ruben gruben at bigpond.net.au
Sat Dec 16 01:25:49 CST 2006

In case I gave the impression I was planning to do something on this, I
still am. It's just that I've been very busy. I am still planning to try
to build the FiPy docs and then spin a skeleton document based on it for
numpy, perhaps with content from the numarray docs, and another for
scipy during the upcoming Christmas break.

Each of these docs would have one appendix which contains a reference
built from the individual method/function docstrings. Each would also
have another appendix of long full-module examples with LaTeX and
plotting results. I was also going to try to write a docstring
documentation spec as part of this.

This is quite a bit of work for me as I expect I need a few days
preparation to get a Linux distro up to date with a build system. I
thought the concensus was headed toward epydoc + ReST with LaTeX markup,
so I was planning to adopt FiPy's nice model for using this. I still
hadn't ruled out doxygen and I was planning on looking at it too to see
if it has advantages. My guess is that either would be fine, although
people here might be more comfortable with epydoc.

David, if this sounds like a good plan to you, perhaps you can move
ahead with this, as it'll be a few days before I can start.

Gary R.