[SciPy-dev] an atttempt at sandbox/xplt

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Feb 1 08:41:36 CST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Pearu Peterson wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Arnd Baecker wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had a try to get get sandbox/xplt working.
> > Attached is a diff how far I got.
> >
> > Compiling works, but I got the directory structure wrong
> > (I essentially understand nothing about scipy distutils, so
> > this is not surprising ;-).
> > Presently stuff gets installed into
> >  scipy/xplt/sandbox                  (fine sofar)
> > and
> >  scipy/xplt/sandbox/Lib/sandbox/xplt    (contains *.c, *.h, *.gp, *.gs)
> >  scipy/xplt/sandbox/scipy/sandbox/xplt  (contains gistC.so)
> >
> > According to the old scipy diretory structure
> > gistC.so should directly end up in scipy/xplt/
> > and the only directory in scipy/xplt should
> > be gistdata/ containing *.gs and *.gp files.
> >
> > Before I start digging further, does an expert see
> > straight away what has to be done to correct the above?
>
> The last line in your patch should read
>    config.add_data_dir(('gistdata',xplt_path))
>
> Anyway, I have applied your patch with few modifications to svn.

Thanks a lot Pearu!

gistC.so ends up in the right place now.
There is also a duplicate under
 scipy/xplt/sandbox/scipy/sandbox/xplt/gistC.so
Not sure where this comes from/how to get rid off this.

Note that presently xplt is not yet working
(a few replaces from `scipy.xplt` to `scipy.sandbox.xplt`
have to be made). After this, the first error is
a typecode one. I will look into all this over the weekend.

Best, Arnd