[SciPy-dev] [Numpy-discussion] NumPy Glossary: a request for review

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Tue Feb 14 14:45:54 CST 2006

Christopher Barker wrote:
> Sasha wrote:
>> However, if others think a link to more detailed explanation belongs
>> to glossary entries, the natural destination of the link would be a
>> page in Travis' book.
>
> Not unless that glossary is part of the book. Links in the Wiki should
> point to the wiki, or maybe to other openly available sources on the web.
>
> A link isn't critical, but a page about broadcasting would still be
> nice, it's a great feature of numpy.
I wrote an article a while back for PyZine about broadcasting.  Janet
worked on it and ran it through some Word->Moin filter:

    http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MicrosoftWordConverter

which did pretty well:

    http://www.scipy.org/EricsBroadcastingDoc

It still needs some work (still missing images), but it is probably a
pretty good place to point for more broadcasting details.  Perhaps it
needs a different location as well?

thanks,
eric