[SciPy-dev] Renaming scipy_core ???
arnd.baecker at web.de
Mon Jan 2 05:18:56 CST 2006
On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Darren Dale wrote:
[ John's suggestion]
> > I've been happy with the name "numerix" in matplotlib. It is intended
> > to connote "Numeric" in plural, eg numeric, numarray and (now) scipy
> > core. Also, the import abbrev
> > import numerix as nx
> I like this idea a lot
Still, let me *try* to keep an (presumably incomplete)
overview about the suggestions:
* "scipy core"
- scicore (containing ndarray,
which could go into normal python - FP)
I also like the following ones, but ...
- tao or tAo ?
- scivoo (especially for Prabhu ;-)
- IMHO: no core in the name of the package
- no matrix (or vec either) in the name of the package
(it is about *arrays* )
- no py in the name of the part which does the arrays
(Reason: if we want this to go into normal python
at some point, there should be no "*py")
* "full scipy"
Personally, I like
(I also like `numeric`, but that might be too close to "Numeric" ...)
More information about the Scipy-dev