[SciPy-dev] linalg namespace changed?

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Mon Jan 2 23:38:07 CST 2006

listservs at mac.com wrote:

>It appears that recent changes to scipy_core in svn have broken the
>linalg namespace:

>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>ImportError: cannot import name linalg

There has been quite a bit of work on package loading.  It might be that
you need to re-install the package.  I don't think there has been any
specific work with linalg (but their might be a naming issue).  We are
going to do some major re-naming this week.  This should actually make
scipy itself more stable as most of the changes to scipy were changes to
scipy_core (which will be called something different).

-Travis