[SciPy-dev] [Fwd: Renaming scipy_core: back to square 1]

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Tue Jan 3 23:07:30 CST 2006

    >> nagini --- "he who should remane nameless" 's snake in Harry
    >> Potter ( since we are having such trouble with a name
    >>
    Andrew> A nice excerpt from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagini :

    Andrew> "Nagini is the female name for cobra in Hindi
    Andrew> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindi> and most other Indian
    Andrew> languages."

If you want more along "snake" in another language:

 nag
 naga
 sarpa
 Vasuki (king of snakes)
 pambu (snake in Tamil)

I can get you more if you are interested -- there are O(20) recognized
languages in India and lots of dialects, they share similar roots but
there should be a lot to pick from.

Along the lines of mythical characters why not Kaa from the Jungle
book?

 http://disney.go.com/vault/archives/villains/kaa/kaa.html

cheers,
prabhu