[SciPy-dev] Please vote on the names

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Tue Jan 3 23:17:59 CST 2006

    Travis> Please give a vote (+1, 0, -1) on the following names:

 1. psipi   -1  (too similar to scipy -- think of a talk when you say,
                 install psipi first and then scipy or "scipy depends
                 on psipi".  Reminds me of Thomson and Thompson in the
                 Tintin series).
 2. scicore  0  (verbose, unimaginative)
 3. muscle   0  (nice, but might be confusing to biologists?)
 4. numstar -1  (not very pretty, verbose)
 5. mantis   0  (cute, but we love snakes, not insects ;)
 6. numpy   +0.5  (OK, but problems with history and thereby
                   confusion for new  users?)

How about num, numpp, npp?

cheers,
prabhu