[SciPy-dev] Now new svn of numpy is ready

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Thu Jan 5 01:36:15 CST 2006

Arnd Baecker wrote:

>On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Travis Oliphant wrote:
>

>>My previous post was pre-mature as the fixed numpy was only in the numpy
>>branch.     I have now finished *merging* the changes from the numpy
>>branch into the trunk so
>>
>>svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk numpy
>>
>>should not only check out something that compiles and installs *but
>>also* intalls into the numpy namespace
>>
>>so that running in python

>>should work.
>>

>First many thanks for your hard work! Looks very good,
>just a minor problem:

You need to remove scipy_base from your system (or at least from the
site-packages directory you are running for Python).  I'm pretty sure
the new scipy won't work with the old scipy (which is what scipy_base
comes from).

This will need to be emphasized on install of the new system....    Get
rid of the old system first...

-Travis