[SciPy-dev] Carrying the lists on gmane?

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Jan 5 12:00:41 CST 2006

Hi all,

I propose subscribing scipy-user and scipy-dev to gmane, so they are carried
as newsgroups:

http://gmane.org/subscribe.php

I do this with ipython:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.ipython.user
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.ipython.devel

and I think it's a very convenient system.  People can monitor the lists
without being subscribed, from the comfort of a newsreader or web interface
which doesn't clog their inbox (that's how I read comp.lang.python and
python-dev, and I love it).

This also provides an excellent, fast search interface (better than the
painfully slow plone search on scipy.org).

If we do it, we should advertise this on the new scipy wiki, for newcomers.

Anyone against?