[SciPy-dev] Congratulations

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Thu Jan 5 13:48:27 CST 2006

Travis N. Vaught wrote:

>Congratulations indeed, and many thanks for the sacrifices of many.
>
>January 4, should be remembered as a true milestone in scientific
>computing with python.  January 5th should also be noted as a day to
>remember the sacrifices of the Amy Oliphants of the world for putting up
>with their grumpy, sleep-deprived other-halves.

Very astute observation.   Amy has been super-humanly supportive of all
the time I've spent on this.   Having even a little bit tangible from
book sales has helped her I think (unless she actually sat down and
figured out that my per-hour wage so far based on book sales is
ridiculously low).   Her email is apoliphant at gmail.com if anybody else
wants to express appreciation... ;-)

-Travis