[SciPy-dev] eggs and f2py extensions

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:24:54 CST 2006

Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
> Are f2py extensions compatible with eggs? At the moment, if I try to
> import setup from setuptools rather than from numpy.distutils, it  does
> not recognize fortran extensions.

setuptools does interfere with the Fortran extensions to build_ext a little bit
if one isn't careful. Everything works fine if you *build* without setuptools,
and then do the bdist_egg command separately with setuptools.

E.g.

  $ python setup.py build
  $ python -c "import setuptools; execfile('setup.py')" bdist_egg

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com

  -- Richard Harter