[SciPy-dev] NumPy import problem.

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:55:11 CST 2006

Charles R Harris wrote:

> On 1/6/06, *Robert Kern* <robert.kern at gmail.com
> <mailto:robert.kern at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Charles R Harris wrote:
>     > If I try to import numpy from python in my home directory I get the
>     > following error
>
>     Do you have a module named "new" in your home directory?
>
> Why, yes I did. I renamed it and things work fine now. I deduce that
> this problem has been seen before?

We've seen something similar once or twice before. When I get an error that says
some module doesn't have suchAndSuch attribute that really ought to be there, I
always check to make sure that the module I think is being imported is the
module that is actually being imported. The "new" module is somewhat notorious
for this kind of error.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com