[SciPy-dev] Updated OS X build instructions

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at trichech.us
Sat Jan 7 17:03:27 CST 2006

On Jan 7, 2006, at 4:36 PM, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2006, at 3:54 PM, John Byrnes wrote:
>
>> Is Pearu's comment on the OSX build instructions still valid?
>>
>> "At the moment scipy.fftpack does not support FFTW 3. Forcing
>> scipy.fftpack to use FFTW 3 as described above may crash Python when
>> trying to use fftpack functions."
>
> I am trying to figure this out myself. I know of at least one
> person who has been able to build scipy using both gcc4 and fftw3,
> but I have yet to replicate it. There ends up being errors in the
> cephes module that I cannot seem to eradicate.

I was able to build working numpy/scipy from svn with fftw3, and will
post them on http://trichech.us.

C.

--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck

Population Ecologist, Marine Mammal Section
Fish & Wildlife Research Institute (FWC)
St. Petersburg, FL

Adjunct Assistant Professor
Warnell School of Forest Resources
University of Georgia