[SciPy-dev] f2py numpy array error

Tom Loredo loredo at astro.cornell.edu
Sun Jan 8 21:08:25 CST 2006

> I have some f2py code that takes arrays as arguments. Unfortunately,
> the didnt seem to survive the move to numpy:

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, or even whether it is
a "real" problem or a result of my own misunderstanding, but
through all the recent revisions of scipy_core I have found
that I cannot send a Float *scalar array* to an f2py-wrapped
function that requires a real*8 scalar argument.  I have
to manually convert it via "float(value)".  It seems to me
the wrapper should automatically handle this, but perhaps
I'm missing something.

If I just use "float(value)" the wrapped function works fine
through the latest revision of scipy_core.  I'm just about
to try all this stuff on the new numpy....

-Tom