[SciPy-dev] The new SciPy.org

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Tue Jan 31 19:24:04 CST 2006

Travis N. Vaught wrote:

>At this point, I think we should embrace the wiki way--if anyone objects
>to content you've added, your work will be "refactored."  If things
>start to deteriorate, we can start yelling at folks to stop changing
>things.  At this point, however, we're "unencumbered" by a cacophony of
>too many contributers.

+1

I'm incredibly busy with work for the next couple of weeks, so I'm not
sure how much I'll be able to help. But I'm very pleased with the way
things are turning out. I'm glad so many people are working on the wiki.
The one thing I _can_ do is direct someone how to change what gets
displayed in the left toolbar of the wiki. If you are in the "scipy"
group in your login to new.scipy.org, you can edit
/home/scipy/wiki/wikiconfig.py, which has a variable called "navi_bar".
That controls what is in the navigation bar.

I agree with jh that the "Topical Software" name is a little
non-intuitive. I'm +1 for changing it. Moin supports page redirects.

#redirect New_Page_Name

A page with the above as its contents will redirect to New_Page_Name. Thus, pages can be moved around without too much harm done.