[SciPy-dev] Scipy-0.4.9 and BLAS? srotmg_ erros

clarence at broad.mit.edu clarence at broad.mit.edu
Thu Jul 6 13:07:12 CDT 2006

Hopefully I've subscribed to the correct list for this inquiry.   I'm
currently attempting to get scipy-0.4.9 built/installed correctly with
numpy-0.9.8 and the latest BLAS/LAPACK libs to be used on Linux.
Everything builds and installs fine without errors (seemingly), and I
encounter the problem when trying to do a python scipy.test(level=1):

import integrate -> failed: scipy/linalg/fblas.so: undefined symbol: srotmg_
import signal -> failed: scipy/linalg/fblas.so: undefined symbol: srotmg_
import special -> failed: scipy/linalg/fblas.so: undefined symbol: srotmg_
import lib.blas -> failed: scipy/lib/blas/fblas.so: undefined symbol:
srotmg_
import linalg -> failed: scipy/linalg/fblas.so: undefined symbol: srotmg_
import maxentropy -> failed: scipy/linalg/fblas.so: undefined symbol:
srotmg_
import stats -> failed: scipy/linalg/fblas.so: undefined symbol: srotmg_

I've seen that this is a known bug and that I should get the full BLAS
implementation, which I have and was using anyways.  I don't want to
use the ATLAS option if possible, and my BLAS/LAPACK libs did build
without a hitch.  Are there any other checks I can do to verify that
scipy built against my libs correctly?  Unfortunately this is a time
sensitive issue for my team and any clue you can provide is appreciated.

/clarence/