[SciPy-dev] netcdf module with ctypes

Jonathan Taylor jonathan.taylor at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 28 17:52:24 CDT 2006

I have been playing around with ctypes to see how they work and have written
a fairly complete netcdf module (with some tests + doctests) in pure
python. The reason
I wrote this one is that I have a specific subclass of netcdf files I
want to work with and
couldn't get the sandbox.netcdf package to behave exactly as I wanted it to.

By default, I read variables into temporary memmap'ed array files
because some of the data files I use are quite large. This could be
customized, though of course.

Wondering if it is of any interest to anyone,

Jonathan

Jonathan Taylor                           Tel:   650.723.9230
Dept. of Statistics                       Fax:   650.725.8977
Sequoia Hall, 137                         www-stat.stanford.edu/~jtaylo
390 Serra Mall
Stanford, CA 94305