[SciPy-dev] cgemv test failure

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Wed Jun 28 02:14:21 CDT 2006

Nils Wagner wrote:
> Arnd Baecker wrote:
>
>> just to report something positive with
>> my (almost;-) daily build on 64Bit:
>>
>> With '0.5.0.2012' **all** tests pass on 64 Bit
>> (apart from the well-known ndimage one).
>>
>> Best, Arnd

> On 32 bit there is still one failure but I cannot reproduce it on a 64
> bit system. Why ?

I don't know.  I looked at it a bit, but couldn't see anything obvious.

But, since you have access to both systems you are in a great position
to figure out why it is failing on 32-bit systems.   Insert some
print-statements in the fmin_cobyla code (the calcfc function might be a
good place) and compare the outputs on the two systems when you run just
that test.

It would be great if you could help track it down.

-Travis