[SciPy-dev] Anyone know how to get SciPy on MacBook Pro Intel

Kapil Thangavelu hazmat at objectrealms.net
Thu Jun 29 16:58:05 CDT 2006

i'd recommend using parallels instead of dual booting, i run ubuntu on a
macbookpro for some linux specific development running ubuntu, it works
well and is nicely performant, in fact it generates much nicer pystones
then osx (49k vs. 36k),  and its easy to manage, if you something like
virtuedesktops, you can have it fullscreen and a keystroke away between
switching from mac to linux. the one caveat as applies to some scipy
visualization, is opengl performance is all going to be software. if
thats a major factor, then dual booting is probably best.

http://www.parallels.com/
http://virtuedesktops.info/

hth,

kapil