[SciPy-dev] Kuipers statistics

Manuel Metz mmetz at astro.uni-bonn.de
Fri Mar 3 02:34:24 CST 2006

Hm, I didn't know that 'cephes' is a netlib library (which I found out
now). Then, maybe yes, Lib/special/c_misc/ would be a good place - I guess.

What about the inverse function? Is it needed? And what about the Python
code? Should I also try to provide a patch?

Manuel

(note that I actually have not compiled the code in the SciPy framework,
since I don't have numpy installed yet - so it may need some testing)

Ed Schofield wrote:
> Manuel Metz wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I have attached a patch for the file /Lib/special/cephes/kolmogorov.c.
>>This patch adds a function 'kuiper(y)' which is very similar to the
>>function 'kolmogorov(y)', which is required for the K-S-Test. Kuipers
>>statistics is a variant of K-S statistics which is invariant on a circle.
>>
>>I did not write an inverse function yet (is't not monotonic in it's
>>first derivative) and also did not include patches for the corresponding
>>.py files.
>>
>>Is there any interest to include the Kuiper statistics into SciPy ???
>>

> Thanks for the patch!  I don't know much about this field, but I suspect
> we'd be glad to include it.
>
> I'm not sure which directory the function should go in, since it's not
> part of the cephes library.  Perhaps Lib/special/c_misc/?
>
> -- Ed

  Manuel Metz  ............  Stw at AIfA
  Argelander Institut fuer Astronomie
  Auf dem Huegel 71 (room 3.06)