[SciPy-dev] Another segfault

Nils Wagner nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Mar 3 06:08:20 CST 2006

Robert Cimrman wrote:
> Ed Schofield wrote:
>
>> Nils Wagner wrote:
>>

>>> Thank you for your advice. This note should be available on the Wiki as a
>>> warning for other users. I have spend more than one day on this - pure
>>> waste of time.
>>> Anyway the segfault w.r.t. sparse_test.py persists independent from
>>> g77/gfortran.
>>> Can you reproduce this segfault ?
>>>

>> I can't.  I'm using g77 v3.4.6 with a default distutils config.  Does it
>> work if you install scipy from scratch this way?  It may be a bug,
>> rather than a configuration error, but we need to reproduce it to fix it.
>>

> The sparse_test.py works ok for me, but if one runs sparse.py module as
> a script, a segfault occurs in solve() when using LU. (UMFPACK works ok,
> if present, that is.) Can you reproduce this, Ed?
>
> r.

Robert,

Good to hear that you can reproduce the segfault.
I have posted the gdb output to the list before. Isn't it useful ?

Cheers,

Nils

BTW, I have recompiled ATLAS from scratch using gcc4.0.2 and g77. Now
all tests
numpy.test(1,10) and scipy.test(1,10) passed. Great !!
I have attached the platform dependent Makefile for completeness.