[SciPy-dev] ***[Possible UCE]*** Re: ***[Possible UCE]*** Re: Another segfault

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Mar 3 16:39:14 CST 2006

Nils Wagner wrote:

>Travis,
>
>On a 32 bit machine I obtain with
>
>gdb --exec=python
>GNU gdb 6.3
>Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public
>License, and you are
>welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
>certain conditions.
>Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
>There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show
>warranty" for details.
>This GDB was configured as "i586-suse-linux".
>(gdb) r
>/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/sparse/sparse.py
>Starting program: /usr/local/bin/python
>/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/sparse/sparse.py
>
>snip
>Solve: single precision complex:
>Solve: double precision complex:

I'm not sure what you are doing.  Is this just running Pyhthon?
Presumably it is picking up some PYTHONSTARTUP file and running it.
But, I have no idea what that is on your system.

Doing exactly what you do works for me.

What is actually being run to cause the segfault?

What directory are you runing from?

Have you re-built scipy after upgrading numpy?

-Travis