[SciPy-dev] Test case for integrate/ode.py: banded systems

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Tue Mar 7 10:51:47 CST 2006

Jesper Friis wrote:

>Hi Andrew,
>you are welcome to use it as an example in the "Cookbook". What kind of
>refinements are you thinking about? Validation of the code or conversion
>into a form similar to the other Cookbook examples?

Hi Jesper, There's been a suggestion that new Cookbook entries don't go
directly into the Cookbook but rather have an incubation period where
they're vetted. The thinking, which seems reasonable to me, is that the
quality of the Cookbook section should be very high -- thus, it would be
good if a 2nd set of eyeballs (of someone with an understanding of
integrating banded systems) scanned the page you wrote. Of course, this
criterion is only going to work if someone actually looks at it, so if
that doesn't happen in a reasonable period of time, I say we move it
over anyway...

I didn't have any specific refinements in mind, having merely copied the
email you sent.

Cheers!
Andrew