[SciPy-dev] ndimage & numpy

Ed Schofield schofield at ftw.at
Sat Mar 11 03:41:40 CST 2006

On 10/03/2006, at 2:15 PM, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Travis Oliphant wrote:
>> Jonathan Taylor wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I spent some time today trying to get
>>>
>>>      scipy.sandbox.ndimage
>>>
>>> working with numpy instead of it requiring numarray (and numpy as
>>> well).....
>>>

> And done...

Well done, guys!

I have a minor suggestion: that we rename the package from 'nd_image'
to 'image' for consistency with the other packages, like 'signal',
'optimize' and 'sparse'.  There's currently an 'image' package in the
sandbox, but that looks much less mature, and should probably be
integrated with the existing package when it actually does come into
the main tree.

-- Ed