[SciPy-dev] [Fwd: Build bots?]

Eric Jonas jonas at mwl.mit.edu
Thu Mar 16 05:40:22 CST 2006

Bryce,

> enthought, chaco, traits, kiva, etc. Just this week I added numpy and
> scipy to our builds. Right now I've only got it building in Windows, but
> I will have it building on Redhat 3.0 in a couple of days.

   That sounds wonderful! Is the result of the build attempts visible
anywhere? Do you have plans to support more OSes/linux distributions?

> installers, generate html and other tasks. So while CruiseControl is ill
> suited for bulding python packages, it is well suited for automating
> everything else we want to do.
   I'm still not quite clear on how it's ill-suited to python -- is it
because building things on python rarely "breaks"?

> If anyone is interested in contributing to this effort, I welcome the
> help. Or if anyone would like to hear about all the nifty customizations
> we made, I can tell you about those too.

I'd love to hear about it, and I'm guessing many others would as
well. After spending some time reading the buildbot (buildbot.sf.net)
documentation, one of the things it lets you do is have an array of
"build slaves" that can be located anywhere and just have to have a
user account running the build slave daemon. If you want to make sure
things compile/run/test on your esoteric platform, you just have to
run a build-slave. Does cruisecontrol have anything like this?

			...Eric