[SciPy-dev] Online SciPy Journal

Jonathan Guyer guyer at nist.gov
Mon Oct 2 07:35:45 CDT 2006

On Oct 2, 2006, at 3:22 AM, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Just to clarify my views,  I don't think we need to make it a
> requirement that the code "go in to SciPy" to be published.  In
> other-words, people shouldn't feel like they have to "give-up" their
> code.   I only want to require that it works with Python.  Other
> modules
> that are separately installed could still be "published" as long as
> the
> code was provided.

With this clarification, definitely count me as +1 on this scheme. I
was supportive already, but was hesitant that a "SciPy Journal" was
going to be a journal about SciPy, rather than a journal about
science with Python. I should have said so, but couldn't figure out a
way to do it so that I didn't come across as one of those paranoid
people that didn't want to "give-up" their code... which I am...