[SciPy-dev] Online SciPy Journal

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Mon Oct 2 16:21:13 CDT 2006

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006, Travis Oliphant apparently wrote:
> We need a journal that documents the development of tools
> for an open source platform for conducting scientific
> computing.   Right now that platform for us is Python.

A journal has a mission statement where this can be
specified.  It does not need to be in its title.

And the title needs not to turn away people who would e.g.,
write C extensions or create something like f2py.

More titles (any puns intended):
Objective Science
Innovations in Scientific Computing
Extending Scientific Computing
Code Fusion (serendipity; but I forget whom)
Applied Scientific Computing
Scientific Computing Insight

But to be specific it would be:
SciPy Journal