[SciPy-dev] Giving write access to SciPy SVN

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Fri Oct 6 22:36:13 CDT 2006

I am for a very open approach to this.  I think we should give people
access once they have (1) submitted 2-3 patches, (2)proven themselves
trust worthy and committed to the community by activity on the mailing
lists, and (3) asked for write access.  This approach ensures a maximum
number of capable hands tending the garden, and our experience up to now
has been that people are generally well behaved.  If trust is ever
abused, then we can re-evaluate the policy.

My .02,
eric