[SciPy-dev] rules for api and doc changes

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 19:19:31 CDT 2006

On 10/12/06, John Travers <jtravs at gmail.com> wrote:

> The key change being that most of scipy.interpolate is actually for
> fitting smoothing splines rather than interpolation (which took me a
> while to understand) - surely it would be logical to have say
> scipy.spline (with all the spline related stuff) and then
> scipy.interpolate with just the interpolation classes (which could ref
> the spline module).

Yep, and last I looked the spline interface was one of those awful
multiargument fortran driver thingees. Not to mention the confusion between
smoothing and interpolating splines. If someone wants to rationalize the
package I am all in favor. Once upon a time I also wrote some polynomial
interpolation routines that I was thinking of including, but never got
around to it.

Chuck