[SciPy-dev] moving imread

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Fri Oct 20 08:50:47 CDT 2006

Hi,

I would like to move 'imread' to a more noticeable place.
'scipy.misc.pilutil.imread' is hardly suitable.  It probably belongs
under 'ndimage', but since it isn't *part of* ndimage, I can't simply
add it there (in case someone wants to install ndimage on its own).

Then, I thought setup.py would be the place, but I see ndimage is
imported using

    config.add_subpackage('ndimage')

I guess one could just add ndimage.imread = scipil.imread, but that
doesn't feel quite right.

Can anyone advise me on the best way to add imread to ndimage?

Thanks
Stéfan